We are a prominent full-service asset manager with $211 billion of AUM and $50 billion of AUA as of December 31, 2016, delivering client-oriented investment solutions and advisory services. We serve both individual and institutional customers, offering them domestic and international fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investment products and solutions across a range of geographies, investment styles and capitalization spectrums. We are committed to investing responsibly and delivering research-driven, risk-adjusted, client-oriented investment strategies and solutions and advisory services. Our business manages third-party assets and separate and general account assets from our Ongoing Business and Closed Block businesses.
Full Year 2016 Investment Management Operating Earnings before Income Taxes $171mn
Objective: Increase our operating margin by leveraging our strong investment performance to gather more assets and benefit from economies of scale.
1. The chart above includes investment capital.
2. Excludes gains from Lehman Recovery in 3Q'16 and 4Q’16
(as of December 31, 2015)
($ in billions)
|Senior Bank Loans
|Mutual Fund Manager Re-assignments(2)
|Voya affiliate sourced, excluding CBVA(3)
(1) A portion of assets for Multi-asset strategies and solutions (MASS) is included in the AUM of the fixed income and equity platforms presented above. The other portion is managed by third parties, and we retain only a modest fee on these assets.
(2) Represents the re-assignment of mutual fund management contracts to Voya Investment Management from external managers. The AUM related to the re-assignments are included in the retail segment above.
(3) Assets sourced from Voya, including CBVA, are also included in the retail and institutional markets segments above.
- Institutional: Through a dedicated sales and service platform consisting of direct-and consultant-focused sales professionals.
- Retail: Through intermediary-focused distribution platform, consisting of business development and wholesale forces which partner with: banks, broker-dealers, independent financial advisers, and affiliate and third-party retirement platforms.
- 96% and 95% of fixed income assets outperformed benchmark performance on a 3-year and 5-year basis, respectively, and 65% and 68% of equity asset
- Top 25 manager of tax exempt assets2
- IM Performance Measurement as of 4Q'16
- Pensions & Investments as of December 31, 2015 (401(k), 403(b), 457, DB)